In 2015 the doors finally opened for Derek Prince Ministries in the Philippines – the fields are “white for harvest” in this nation. Since then we have imported several large shipments of English books from India. These are now available from Praise bookshops in the Philippines and are being freely distributed in Pastors seminars and outreaches.
Derek’s books are also being translated and printed in the national language, Tagalog, with the first three books being Divine Exchange; How to Pass from Curse to Blessing and Self Study Bible Course.
Oct 2016 Report
Thanks to the generosity of DPM NZ supporters over the past year, we have been helping believers in the Philippines to do just that.
A university teacher and her Mum wrote “I just want you to know how blessed we are by the teachings of Derek Prince. The SD card with 80 different audio messages is a WOW. Don’t have words to describe how blessed we are. Our lives were revolutionized and our thought patterns were changed according to His Word. We are sharing teachings to Pastors and brethren, but some seem not to listen to it; all I can say is worldly spirits are preventing them from listening to the truth.
In the last 12 months, our DPM-Philippines Director, John Cochrane (a Kiwi) and others have been able to distribute Derek’s teaching to spiritually-hungry believers in many parts of the Philippines. Some highlights include:
- The Self Study Bible Course in the Tagalog language was given to all 836 graduating students at Baptist Bible College Asia.
- 300 High school students were lead to the Lord and a teacher is using Self Study Bible Course to disciple and teach those who are keen to know more.
- A conference for 200 Pastors was held in Manila. Johnny Sy, our distributor, talked about the work of DPM and gave each Pastor a copy of Self Study Bible Course in Tagalog.
- John Cochrane held four outreaches over the past year, where 500 adults and 230 children committed their lives to the Lord. These new converts are hungry to know more of God’s Word.
These are just some of the DPM activities taking place in the Philippines. The nation has many professing Christians, yet their knowledge of the Bible is very limited and they desperately need Derek’s teaching of the Word of God.
We now need more help to be able to provide Derek’s teaching to them so they can grow in Christ and become strong, mature believers.
John has been told on many occasions that Derek’s teaching is having a significant impact in the lives of Filipino believers. After receiving Self Study Bible Course, two of these people said:
• The people love this study book and I find it very helpful for baby Christians in our church.
• I believe this book is very timely and needed for all believers (young and old) in our city.
Currently, we have just three of Derek’s books available in the national language of Tagalog, and we urgently need to increase our translation and printing so we can help many more people like the University teacher, her Mum and other believers and leaders to have access to Derek’s teaching.
Could you please prayerfully consider partnering with us today by making a special gift to our Philippines outreach to help bring excellent Bible teaching to many?
Thank you so much for whatever gift you can make; you will be helping many fellow believers in this nation build a strong foundation of God’s Word in their lives so they are “transformed by the renewing of their minds”.
Please read the following articles concerning our outreach and ministry reports in Philippines.
Report From DPM-Philippines